Trends in Energy Efficient Street Lighting
In India, Street Lighting is the one of the thrust area consuming electricity to tune of 18192MU annually, with a connected load of 3066MU from 35 million lights.
There is a large scope in savings of energy (about 9000MU/ year) by 1500MW connected by using energy efficiency equipment and automaton. Ultimately, we can avoid release of harmful CO2 of 6.2 million tones/year. Indirectly, we can save investment of Rs.18000Cr for establishment of Generating stations and distribution network.
The lecture on “Trends in Energy Efficiency Street Lighting” tells about recent developments in technology on reduction of energy consumptions in the field of Street Lighting in India.
1. Educational Qualification:
• B.Tech(EEE) from JNTU, Hyderabad.
• MBA from Kakatiya University , Warangal
• Certified Energy Auditor (BEE)
• Certified ECBC professional & charted Engineer
2. Executive Committee Member
(i) Indian Society of Lighting Engineers (ISLE)
(ii) Energy Conservation Mission of Telangana State Institution of
3. Services Rendered in
APSEB as Asst. Engineer, Electrical from 1993 to 2001.
APTRANSCO as Asst. Divisional Engineer, Elect from 2001 to 2008
TSNPDCL as Divisional Engineer 2009 to 2012.
GHMC as Executive Engineer 2012 to till date.
4. Work Experience:
• Enormous experience in power distribution management
• Best experience in erection of 33kv,11kv,LT Lines
• Installed plenty Distribution transformers and few 33/11 KV Sub – stations.
• Expert in energy audit particularly in power distribution and street light.
• Expert in preparation of energy efficient projects like Street Lights, Renewable Energies etc.., Took active role in preparation of projects like LED & Roof Top Solar Power plants in GHMC.
• Good experience in Traffic Signal systems.
• Passionate about Energy conservation – conducted many public awareness programs in use of Energy efficient equipments like LED Bulbs, 5 star rated fans etc..,
(i) Received Best Employee from GHMC.
(ii) Received Best Engineer of the year 2016 from IEI